Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving in Chicago

We had a wonderful trip to Chicago for Thanksgiving and were able to get reacquainted with little Emmy Brook. We weren't sure if she would be terrified of us or just how she would respond to us, so we were pleasantly surprised when she seemed happy to see us and was so cute and loving towards us. What a little cutie pie! Evan and Chelsea showed us a great time. Chelsea is a wonderful cook and made us some wonderful meals. Her Thanksgiving dinner was gourmet! I enjoyed running in the "Turkey Trot" 8k race with Chelsea on Thanksgiving morning. It was soooo cold and rainy, but we survived. Chelsea came in 9th of all the women with a time of 32 minutes, and I reached my goal by running the race in 58 minutes. We had fun shopping on Black Friday on the "Miracle Mile" on Michigan Avenue, pushing our way through the throngs of shoppers. What fun we had! Thanks Ev and Chelsea for taking good care of us!


Charming picture, I know, but when you are getting ready to run 5 miles in the rain you really don't care about how you look. I borrowed Evan's nylon pants because I didn't want to run in the rain in my sweat pants. They were big and baggy, but kept me dry. It was about 32 degrees that morning. Brrr! I'm glad I was wearing more than Chelsea was, but she warmed up fast once the race began and she could run like lightening!


We rode the ferris wheel at Navy Pier. The view was spectacular!




Emmy is not sure what to think about the ferris wheel ride.



Chelsea snapping pictures atop the ferris wheel.




If you look closely at this picture you will see Evan carrying Emmy as they approach their apartment at 40 East Oak Street, which is, by the way, right next door to Prada. Their street was all lit up for the holidays. It was much more beautiful than the picture shows.




Lee and Evan: Northwestern Alumni (or soon to be for Evan!)


Emmy feeding her new baby doll.


How's this for a gourmet Thanksgiving meal!

If you tell Emmy to not put her fingers in her nose, where do you think she puts them? Right! Here's a cute video of her dancing... and putting her fingers in her nose.

2 comments:

Burk Family said...

Looks like a fun trip, Peggy! I felt good about running my 5k until I read you were running an 8k and I was like, "Oh, man, I'm such a wus."
Great job!
Thanks for the blog comments. I'm so glad we are cyber friends :)

The Staub Squad said...

I wish I could have gone too!