Monday, November 9, 2009

Paging, Mr. Wesley Marvin Staub, Mr. Wesley Marvin Staub



Here's a tribute to the best fisherman in the family! I think even Lars would agree to that. We are so thankful to have this man in the family. He is the only male in-law and I tease him that he will always be my favorite son-in-law, which obviously doesn't say very much given the fact that I have but one daughter. But he is a hard worker and has a great vision for the future of his family, spiritually as well as temporally. His wife says he is the best father and husband on the planet, and she wouldn't lie! These are a few things that I know Wes loves:
A good game of golf
A nice fishing trip
Backpacking with his Colorado brothers-in-law
Trips to the lakehouse with his Texas boys
Pride and Prejudice
His little red flute
Wearing his wife's slippers (and his mother-in-laws, for that matter)
(Wow, I just remembered the night that he borrowed my pink pajama bottoms....)
Wrestling his boys until they cry like girls
Midnight fridge raids
BB at the gym
Fixing things around the house
Actually, there is one thing in the above list that he doesn't like. See if you can guess which one it is?
Happy Birthday, Wes! We love you!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy b-day Wes! We miss you guys. My guess is that Wes doesn't like wearing his wife's slippers, cuz man, that is just mean.

Unknown said...

Oops, I don't know why it's posting as Casey, cuz this is Lukas.

Burk Family said...

I think you forgot he loves nasal spray. And I think he doesn't like fixing things around his house. He keeps life interesting, doesn't he??

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Wes, Wes, Wes, what can we say about you that hasn't already been said, your crazy but we love you! Happy Birthday!

Kate said...

good one hay, you are totally right! nasal spray and baby powder!

Kate said...

love the list ma, you're the best!

Unknown said...

And the winner is - fixing things around the house. I hate that. I love all that other stuff, including nasal spray. If someone duct taped my mouth shut and took away my nasal spray, I would die, seriously I couldn't breathe. Thanks Peg for the tribute.

sheriee staub said...

Ok - I am late weighing in on this one, but he likes long visits with his dad on the phone, and short visits with his mom on the phone. He loves to say "butt or back?", which is a personal joke - right son? He loves pumpkin pie and coconut sour cream cake, and hugging a looonnnggg pillow. He likes his mommy too, but especially he loves a curly headed girl and two adorable cotton-tops.
Love Ya Wes - MOM