Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Melancholy

I am melancholy tonight. I just learned that my brother was laid off from a job he has had for a long time. I never would have expected this. What now? He has a family to support. And he has major health problems and so does his son. He needs good health insurance. I think we are only seeing the beginning of some real hard times ahead. But still, I know that God is in charge and is aware of each one of us. We must keep a faithful attitude even in difficult times. Tighten our belts. Store what we can. Prepare temporally and spiritually. And give thanks for all things, even adversity.

3 comments:

aubony, lars and the girls said...

I am so sorry to hear about that, my brother was laid off and a good friend of mine is preparing for her husband to be laid off. These are certainly hard time for all.

Heather and Scott said...

I didn't even know Brent was laid off. I hope everything works out.

Jill Land said...

I am sorry about your brother. I agree that we are entering into some difficult times. I was at Costco the other day, and I just felt the need to stock up on some food and such. Time to be prepared.