Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful

Yesterday in Primary I asked the children what things they are thankful for and we put it in the words to a song. I was surprised at how many of them named their pets. I finally had to say, "No more animals, think of other things you are thankful for." Kids! You gotta love 'em! But it got me thinking of the things that I am thankful for. Things. Well, none of them are really things because, you see, they are people. Things can always be replaced, but not people. Here's who I love. I am counting my blessings and naming them, one by one.... in the order that they have come into my life...

Lee
Lars
Spencer
Benjamin
Katie
Evan
Lukas
Aubony
Wes
Haylee
Erika
Logan
Karen
Sophie
Ben
Ethan

Chelsea
Isabelle
Casey
Emmy
Caleb


I am a rich woman indeed.

6 comments:

The Staub Squad said...

were Ben and ethan born before chels was in the fam?

Peggy said...

Did I get the order wrong? I tried so hard. With 22 members I could have made a mistake. But I remember that you were embarrassed to meet Chelsea because you still had your "baby fat" at their wedding cuz you had just delivered Benny a few weeks prior to the wedding. Right?

Ruth Pratt said...

What a cute post. One day Steve and I will have to give grandchildren to Louise!

Bryant and Katie said...

Bry and I teach in primary too and they really do say the funniest things. One time we were talking about how we lived in heaven before we came to earth and we asked the kids, "Where do we come from? and one of them replied in the most confident voice "Costco". You can get some really great things there but I don't know about that. Like you said gotta love em.

Casey said...

I will make one for you! What do you want it to look like? Christmasy?

Kayla said...

What about me? I don't see my name on your list.