Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Guy



This is my guy. He's been mine for almost 35 years now. He's still mine and I'm still his. Today is his birthday. He's getting kinda old, so we won't say how many years he's been around, but I'll give you a hint. He's not 26. Although he was 26 when we met. And I was just a baby of 18. I wasn't even smart enough to know that I was getting a really great man when I married him. Was I lucky? Was I blessed? I think a little of both. Well, a lot of both. He can do just about anything... well I guess he can't sing or dance, but he can fix just about anything. He has good advice to give people because he is wise. He is unselfish. He is hard working. He wants to dedicate his life to serving people. He loves Jesus Christ. He cares little about what people think of him, but what he doesn't realize is how highly people do think of him. He is just great. And I love him. Happy Birthday, Lee!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Happy birthday, Dad! We love you a lot!

Kate said...

He is pretty fantastic isn't he. Love that man, so glad he's my dad! Happy birthday old man!

Kate said...

By the way Ben want's to call you again. He really enjoyed the 30 min. coversation y'all had yesterday!

Dave said...

Linda sent me the link to your blog so I could meet some of her family. He does sound like a great guy!
Happy Birthday from Linda's friend Dave in Ohio.