Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chickens in the Crawlspace?!?!?

This morning I heard a strange sound in the crawlspace in the basement. I opened up the latch and couldn't believe what I saw. Chickens in the crawlspace! I had no idea how they got there, but there were so many of them. Chickens and baby chicks and feathers all over. The crawlspace was so cold, it was like a freezer. But somehow the chickens had hauled in their own incubators to keep their baby chicks from freezing. They were using electricity and everything! Craziest thing I ever saw.

Could somebody please explain why we dream what we dream?

4 comments:

Casey said...

hahaha i thought that really happened. that was so weird when i thought that. funny dream though.

Louise said...

I was trying to figure out where you had a crawl space. Funny dream!

Peggy said...

We do have a crawlspace. It's downstairs in the storage room, which is now a kitchen. We hung our old kitchen cabinets in front of the entry to the crawlspace, so you have to go through the cupboard to enter the crawlspace now. Kinda like "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." Fun. But no chickens in there. Not yet, anyway.

Chelsea and Evan said...

I never read a full blogpost and so I called Evan up and told him that you had chickens in the crawl space... We assumed that Dad was working on food storage. jk