Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh, the Memories! Part 2

Time for another "Oh, the Memories!" column. Dad left for his first day of teaching Early Morning Seminary today. I was still in bed when he left, but I quickly jumped up and watched him through the window as he walked down the street, watching until he was out of sight. He looked so handsome with his white shirt and tie, clean shaven face, silver hair. Then I had a flood of memories come to me as I recalled the many times I would say good bye to my children as they walked out the door to school. They didn't know that I would stand by the window and watch them until they were out of sight. Even if I was in the other room, I would run to the front room window and look. My children. My pride and joy. My life. My loves. They were so handsome to me. Such beautiful, good kids. Now adults. And the house is quiet.

Remember to enjoy the moments because they are gone in an instant.

5 comments:

Chelsea and Evan said...

I am NOT looking forward to the time when Emmy goes to school...I am going to miss her WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!!!

The Staub Squad said...

I'll be thinking of dad when...oh wait, I'll be asleep, I probably won't be thinking of dad. Hope he adjusts well. Cute memory though.

Casey said...

You are such a cute, good mom. Wow.

aubony, lars and the girls said...

When my girls leave, Sophie and I stand at the door and wave goodbye. Then I head upstairs to the computer room and watch out the window till I see the bus come pick them up. I can't be sad about them going to school because they are making new friends, learning new things, and they love it!

Jill Land said...

Wow, thank you for sharing that memory. Isaac started Kindergarten on Monday. Whew! I woke up at 3am nervous as can be! I walked him to his class and he went in like a champ. And after a zillion prayers asking that he be kept safe, I picked him up safely. All to start over the next day! Although, the last 2 days, I woke up at 6 instead of 3. It is getting better, but I miss my boy so much for those 3 hours each day. I can't wait to go pick him up. He is absolutely loving it though. I am so proud of him.