Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandma Jean!




My Mom, My Hero. Happy Birthday Mom. I can't remember if you are 77 or 77? (Dad, that was for you!) My Mom is the hardest worker I know. And the most unselfish person I know. She never thinks of her own needs. She is always concerned about how others are feeling over her own feelings or needs. I helped her yesterday with a funeral dinner in SLC and I couldn't even keep up with her. After the dinner was over we started cleaning up. We hadn't had a bite to eat since breakfast and it was now almost 4:00. I asked her if she was going to stop and get a bite to eat before it was all cleaned up. She said, "Yes, but go ahead and start without me." So I got myself a plate of food and started eating. I waited for her, but she continued working. I finally threw my food in the garbage and finished working, too. Couldn't bring myself to eat if my 77 year old mother wasn't going to stop for food. She is an utterly amazing person. I posted pictures of her with children because she is their #1 Advocate. She loves children and is always looking out for their best interest. Mom, Happy Birthday! I love you, my Hero!

3 comments:

The Staub Squad said...

What a priveledge to be named after such a wonderful women. Happy Birthday grandma, you are great!! We send our hugs and kisses via the web!!

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Happy b-day Grandma! We love you tons!! Thanks for being so wonderful to us. We wish you the best on your special day!

Casey said...

I did catch bloggitis. You are very right. Haha Bloggitis...that's a good one.