Sunday, February 3, 2008

We'll Miss You, Gordon B!


Gordon B. Hinckley was, as his daughter said in the funeral tribute, adorable. We was beloved by millions. He will be missed by us all. I finished reading his biography by Sheri Dew this week and learned so many wonderful things that I never knew about him. How many 97 year old men work as hard as he did? At age 51 I am thankful for my new rocking chair and I hope to use it! But no, he didn't have time to sit in a rocking chair as he was always on the go, dedicating temples, speaking at Conference, receiving honorary degrees, sitting on boards of banks, committees, and improving the Church public relations. He was a humble man. When his 5 year old grandson asked him, "Grandpa, what does a president do?" he humbly replied, "Make decisions." The boy then said, "Oh, my other grandpa does magic tricks." Let's pay tribute to our late prophet by posting what you learned from him or loved about him.

3 comments:

The Staub Squad said...

He was my prophet, I was 14 when he was called. I was fortunate enough to be in person with him on several occasions as he addressed the youth. I also witnessed him dedicate building at my school. He was an awesome man! I don't think I really knew how the spirit felt until I realized how stronly I felt it when I saw him walk into a room, or conference and then heard him speak. He was great and will be grately missed. I was thinking last night about his reunion in heaven, not only did he reunite with his sweetheart but he reunited with previous prophets/friends who he worked with and loved, and also Joseph Smith, wow awesome!!

Peggy said...

I loved his optimism, his great sense of humor and his outgoing personality. These are all characteristics I think I could really work on developing and he was a great example to me of those and many other things.
Karen

Peggy said...

I loved his optimism, his great sense of humor and his outgoing personality. These are all characteristics I think I could really work on developing and he was a great example to me of those and many other things.
Karen