Sunday, May 10, 2009

Family Service!


Lee and I made a spontaneous decision to go to Utah this weekend and help with a family service project for my sister, Louise. Her yard needed lots of help and we all came together with the same goal in mind of helping her simplify her yard, thus freeing up spare time for her to relax and start feeling better. We love you, Louise! (Thanks, Jim, for organizing this. Great idea!)

BEFORE:

AFTER: (ready to plant some pretty flowers!)
Suzie, Peggy, Jim, Fergie, Mom
Daniel, Sandra, Jeremy, Karen
Lee, Louise

John & Lee remove a chain link fence. Whew!
Jim plowing, with Mom's help.
Mom, Daniel, Jim
Troy & Karen lay sod.
Bryant, Daniel, Jeremy, Sandra
Brent fixes the leaking sink inside.
Vanessa, Brittany, Jim

Gordon, Brittany, Jason, Karen, Louise, Aunt Sharon
Suzie with Princess Fergie

The only one missing from the pictures (I think!) was Bas. He and John were at the dump when I was taking these. But they helped so much! After the work was done, Lee and I headed down to Provo and spent the night with Luke and Casey. What a cute couple they are. Sure good to see them happy and doing well.


Too bad Lee and I forgot our church cleaning assignment. Oh, I too bad I forgot I was supposed to play the organ for church today. Oops!

7 comments:

Dan and LaVon said...

What a great service. You are racking up the service stars in heaven this month. Glad all is well and you are home once again

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Wow! Looks like fun wish we could have been there!

Kayla said...

My yard is next, When can everyone make it here?!?!

Ruth and Steve said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures Peggy. I wish we could have been there too, but with the photos it almost feels like we were.

Louise said...

I can't even begin to tell you all how much your service meant to me. John and I have to keep going outside and "noticing" it again. I absolutely love the way it looks, even without planting any flowers. It is beautiful!!!! And it was wonderful to have Brent replace our kitchen faucet! No more leaks, yea!!! Thank you so much again. I have the "bestest" family!!!

Heather and Scott said...

Wow what a bunch of hard workers!

Kate said...

good work mom and pop and everyone else. but what I am really wondering is, did you really forget about playing the organ and cleaning the church?