Thursday, March 26, 2009

Winter's Back With a Vengeance!

I only have two words to say about our weather here in Denver.

HOLY MOLY!!!

Okay, I do have a few more words to add. We are getting dumped on. Went to the gym this morning and got 4" of snow accumlation during my hour long workout. Scraped and scraped, but by the time I got back in my car there was still too much snow to see out my windows. Scraped the vital areas, got back in, but found I was stuck in the parking lot. Rocked the car back and forth, again and again until I freed myself. Slow and scary drive home. And they say the worst is coming this afternoon. Supposed to get anywhere from 12-22 inches?! Why now when it's almost April? What was wrong with January? Glad I can hunker down and stay home today. Gotta find me some comfort food.

Ruth, you can flaunt your 70 temps all you want today. I wish I was there with you.

5 comments:

Ruth and Steve said...

Right now (8:26am) it is a cold 58 degrees.(burr) Although we should be up to 76 by the end of the day. If it any comfort it is going to be partly cloudy today, and yes I would love to get snowed in. If this global warming thing is true, perhaps in a few years it won't be so cold for you.

Casey said...

What the. That is freaky weather if ya ask me.

Louise said...

I can't believe you are getting that much snow. Are you sure you're not pulling an early "April Fools" on us all???

Rachel said...

yeah and of course....it had to be on the day I fly home....barely made it. but so glad we did....

Jill Land said...

Whew! I am getting cold just thinking about all that snow. Makes me feel a little guilty. I took the kids swimming the other day cause it was so hot. I would be a nervous wreck driving in that! I love California weather (now the politics/government, thats another story altogether). If you start to feel envious over our weather, just think of all that sales tax that you are saving living in the snow. Thanks Arnold!