Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Close Call

This morning as I was putting the finishing touches on my plans for Primary music I asked Lee if I could take his nice, new leather scriptures as visual aids in teaching the new song for the month. My scriptures are a quad and I needed some that were separate books. He said, "What, you want to borrow my beautiful, brand new scriptures??" But then I decided I could probably find an old set in the basement, so I ended up taking those instead.

I was in the middle of teaching the new song, and I had a Primary child holding up the set of scriptures as a visual aid as we were singing, when suddenly I noticed her teacher looking at her and mouthing to her, "Are you okay?" I looked down at her face in time to see her throw up - all over the scriptures! And I must add, she was one sick little puppy.

Man, am I glad I found Evan's old scriptures in the basement. Sorry Evan.

4 comments:

Ruth and Steve said...

Eww gross. And oh, so sad.

The Staub Squad said...

wow, that is amazing and sickening all at the same time.

Rachel said...

gross! glad i wasn't there!!

Brent Manwill said...

Quite the visual aid. More so than you expected. My scriptures are made of plastic, glass, and silicon.