Thursday, January 22, 2009

Staying Fit




Okay, so I have had a membership to a wonderful gym for the past 2 years. It hasn't been inexpensive. But that may be part of what motivates me to keep going, you know, to get my money's worth. So I had the lady at the front desk print off a copy of how many times I went in the past year, and I was surprised (and disappointed) that it was just about 100. I have about a month left, so I will probably end up with more like 120 in a year, if I don't flake out. But that really is an unimpressive number when you consider there are 365 days in a year! I would almost be better off buying an even more expensive 20 punch card rather than shelling out a full year membership at one time. So I am I need the advice of my faithful readers. What should I do to stay fit? Do any of YOU have a fitness regime that you love? Or a gym membership that you are impressed with? Please, do tell!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

i think you, my mom and i should just totally do some Wii fit parties every morning. Its free!! and we would prob lose just as much weight laughing at how ridiculous we are than actually doing the exercises!! :)

Dan and LaVon said...

Yea $299.00 for 2 years at 24 hours fitness. We need to check it out for sure and see if we want to make the switch OR like Rach says we could try Wii fit parties, that could be hilarious. Dan actually reek's when he finishes his workouts on it.

The Staub Squad said...

lifetime=awesome gym, but probably very comparable to your gym. I like it because they offer so much. If you don't feel like running, you can lift, if you don't feel like lifting you can do yoga, if not swimming, if not people watching. it's great!

Burk Family said...

I used to go to the gym ritualistically. Now I go about 2 times a week to run on the treadmilll and I don't feel bad about it because we only pay about $45 a month. Snazzy gyms are nice but I feel like everyone's watching everyone else. I like mine because there is a ladies workout area where I can get down to business without feeling like I'm getting ogled. BUT, I copied a system called P90X from my brother and have been LOVING it. I am more toned than I have been in a long time. It's free and I don't have to leave home!

Casey said...

DDR. :)

Emily said...

I agree with Katie on Lifetime Fitness. I joined about a month ago, and go five times a week. They are open 24-hours, so if you're a non-sleeper like me, you can go late at night. They have lots of classes that are all included in the membership fee, and the staff is really nice and helpful. Sometimes I go there just to relax-- it's that nice inside. I used to have a membership to Paul Derda Rec Center, and I like Lifetime a lot more. They are located at 148th and Huron, and you can stop by during the day and get a tour, and a free 48-hour pass.