Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mom's Trip to Chicago





I am having a great time here in the Windy City. Chelsea and I went for a walk today along Lake Michigan, to Navy Pier. It was too windy (as per picture of Chelsea holding the blanket onto the stroller!) so we detoured back into the city streets and met up with Evan who was just finishing classes. We went past the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago where I worked to put Dad through his last year of Dental School 32 years ago. Then we had a huge banana split at Ghiradelli's and shared it three ways. (Sorry Emmy, maybe you can have some next time.) As you can see in the picture, Emmy is smiling already. She seems way too young for this, but does it consistently. She is a cutie pie, and Grandma Peggy is loving our time together!

2 comments:

The Staub Squad said...

I want to be there too. Except, not in the wind, I hate the wind. Wind+curly hair=really ugly mess!

Louise said...

Hey, that sign looks familar! Boy, can it really be 35 years ago that I worked there with you??? We had some good times. Do you remember trying to come up with 25 cents between the two of us so that we could buy one donut and cut it in half?